The McKinney MCK-FM3500 Hinge is a edge mount pin and barrel type hinge with hospital tip is fabricated with extra-heavy duty components for use on high traffic, high abuse doors. The hinge is specially designed and well suited for correctional facilities and other high security locations using 2″ thick swing-type doors. Prison doors, gates, extremely tall doors and extra heavy doors are all good candidates for the 3500 Security Hinge.
Applications for the MCK-FM3500 Hinge include Hospitals, behavioral health and correctional facilities.
- 3/16” diameter stainless steel barrel type hinge pin (rod). Medical bearings. Stainless steel end pins
- Heavy-duty 12 gauge (.105″) 304 stainless steel, finished in US32D (630)
- Fasteners concealed when door is closed. Fastener screw pack includes Custom #12-24 x 7/16” PFHMS U/C S.S.
- Hospital tip standard
- Supports weights up to 900lbs. 4’0″ maximum door width
- Symmetrically templated hole pattern. Specify handing on 6’8″, 7’2″ and for most optional features
- Optional features include US32 Bright Polished Stainless (629), custom lengths (specify handing and length in inches), custom hole patterns, plug weld hole pattern, Torx Security Screws 1/2 x 12-24, security stud option
- When installed on a 16 gauge (or heavier) metal frame, hinge reinforcements are not required, nor are they recommended. However, if the frames are equipped with mortise hinge reinforcements, removal is not advised
- ANSI/BHMA Standard A156.26 Grade 1
|3 hours||Hollow metal doors mounted|
|90 minutes||Hollow metal and composite core wood fire doors|
|20 minutes||Wood door|
Evaluated in accordance with TAS 201-94, TAS 202-94, TAS 203-94, ASTM E330, ASTM E1886, ASTM E1996 and ANSI A250.13.
To place an order for a McKinney MCK-FM3500 Hinge or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications and Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.