The door handle of a public facility can be touched thousands of times each day. That’s thousands of opportunities to transfer bacteria and infectious diseases. In hospitals alone, there are over 103,000 Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) reported every year.
Trimco can help minimize infectious bacteria* in your facility through our Healthy Hardware® portfolio of products made with CuVerro® bactericidal copper alloy surfaces.
What is Healthy Hardware?
- Healthy Hardware is a registered trademark of Trimco for anti-microbial copper metal alloys designed to kill 99.9% of of the most virulent bacteria like e-coli, mRSA, STAPH, c-diff and VRE
- NOT a coating, an all-natural solid copper-based alloy that will last for the life of the hardware product
- Looks like stainless steel to match other hardware products
- The anti-microbial alloys Trimco uses are EPA-registered
- Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, Antimicrobial Copper kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: MRSA, Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE), Staphylococcus
*Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacteraerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E. coli O157:H7, and Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE).
The use of CuVerro® bactericidal copper products is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. This surface has been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but it does not necessarily prevent cross contamination. CuVerro® is a registered trademark of GBC Metals, LLC and is used with permission (TR-0002-1509). See www.CuVerro.com for more details.