IDN Company: IDN-H. Hoffman
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Norridge, IL
IDN is a leading distributor of security hardware, access control systems, video surveillance equipment, doors & frames, locksmithing tools, and related security products.
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for purchasing stock and non-stock products from various suppliers utilizing our purchasing program and applying procurement guidelines. Duties include meeting with manufactures reps to discuss buying programs, product changes, price increases, vendor promotions, inactive stock and price negotiations. The Buyer will have purchasing knowledge in the Distribution industry. The position reports to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Purchase stock and non-stock products utilizing our advanced and user friendly purchasing program
• Meet with Vendor sales reps to discuss new products, product changes, buying program changes, vendor promotions, excessive shipping & pricing errors, product quality issues etc.
• Negotiate better pricing on product lines with Mfr reps
• Inventory Management (Review inactivity reports and balance inventory on inactive and slow moving items)
• Review other purchasing reports such as: Inventory Turns, Overstock, Fill Rate, GMROI, Purchase Order Expedite and various other custom Inventory reports
• Maintain pricing records when Vendor has price increase
• Work closely with accounting to resolve manufacture shipment discrepancies
• Resolve Accounts Payable / Purchase order price differences
• New product setup
• Maintain product files as changes occur
• Review PO acknowledgements for accuracy and update due dates on PO.
• Maintain Purchasing related notes is system
• Enter promotional pricing
• Inventory adjustments
• Send out notifications on price increases, product changes, discount changes etc.
Key Working Relationships:
Working with Marketing Department, Accounting Department, and Warehouse Management.
• 3 years of purchasing experience in a distribution environment
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Team orientation with ability to be self directed
• Knowledge of basic Excel formulas
• Supervisory experience a plus
IDN, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To express your interest in applying for this position, please provide the following information and attach a copy of your resume for consideration.