IDN Company: IDN-Armstrong’s
Title/Position: Outside Sales
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Maryland/Washington, D.C.
IDN is a leading distributor of security hardware, access control systems, video surveillance equipment, doors & frames, locksmithing tools, and related security products.
Based in Maryland/Washington, D.C. area, the individual in this position is directly responsible for the development and performance of all outside sales activities pertaining to locksmith/dealer and commercial accounts in Maryland/DC. The individual is responsible for achieving maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. This includes establishing plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the designated geographic area.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Directly responsible for all sales activities pertaining to institutional locksmiths and related new account development in Maryland/DC (as an assigned Territory)
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding sales performance.
- Ensures accurate records/reporting related to call scheduling, activity reporting, and contact management as related to the use of the company’s CRM software.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Key working relationships:
The successful candidate will report to the Sales Manager and will work closely with other staff members at the IDN-Richmond branch.
- 3-10 years sales experience in a distribution environment
- Strong product knowledge in the areas of mechanical door hardware, electronic access control systems, and/or doors and frames.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Willingness to travel and work throughout Maryland/DC
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Cross-functional team player
IDN, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. To express your interest in applying for this position, please provide the following information and attach a copy of your resume for consideration.