IDN Company: IDN, Inc
Title/Position: Systems Administrator
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Norridge, IL
IDN is a leading distributor of security hardware, access control systems, video surveillance equipment, doors & frames, locksmithing tools, and related security products.
IDN, Inc., is seeking a skilled and creative individual to join our IT team in providing support and administration for the company’s 350+ employee computers, servers and network.
The ideal candidate will want to learn about the business of distribution along with new technical skills. Our IT philosophy is that when you understand the business purpose, you can provide better IT solutions for users and enhance profitable company growth. You must be self-motivated, curious, and communicative and enjoy working with a team.
Responsibilities include the following:
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of high availability information systems assuring optimal performance for IDN users. As a member of the Information Technology team, the Systems Administrator will support our enterprise application and database servers running on AIX and Windows systems. Including virtualization, storage management, back-up and disaster recovery tasks as required. The Systems Administrator will also share responsibility for user issues with our desktop support technicians.
Server Management, Operation, and Maintenance:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 Setup, Configuration, and Management.
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP Setup, Configuration, and Management.
- Manage Server Farm – Virtual Platform and physical servers
- Maintains Applications Servers and updates with new software release
- Implementation, Configuration, and Management of Virtual Machines, including monitoring and failover operation – Microsoft HyperV, Citrix XenServer
Backup and Archiving:
- Manages backups of all data including company databases
- Manages archiving of all data and the integrity of the data restoration process
- Serves as an On-Call contact for Help Desk, Shares On-Call after hours
- Ensures day to day compliance
- Manages access and scripts used to support user activities
- Manages access for authorized users including Read and Write rights to files and folders
- Manages OS and software licensing
- Reports security breaches and Non-Compliance by users
- Assists in Disaster Recovery scenarios and testing
- Assists with assigned projects
Key Working Relationships:
Systems Manager and Systems Administrator/Help Desk Tech
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or 5+ years of hands-on experience with server applications in a Microsoft network environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2003 – 2012 Servers, Security
- Management, Active Directory, and Communications Protocols is required.
- High degree of planning, organization, and flexibility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently and in a small team environment are vital.
- Availability for occasional travel to other locations.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, as required for special projects.
Primary Technical Skills:
- Windows 2003 – 2012 Server Administration
- Knowledge of network communications, firewalls, routers and related connectivity issues
- VMWare knowledge
- SQL, MySQL and Progress Administration
- Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Office 365
- SAN experience with HP, Dell, EMC
Preferred But Not Required Technical Skills:
- SX.enterprise (SXe) distribution software
- Experience with IBM P-Series
- Progress Programming
- A+ / Security+
IDN, Inc. is a privately held wholesale distributor with 53 warehouse locations across the United States and Canada. Benefits include health/ dental/life insurance, 401k, paid vacation/personal days, and more.
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENT FOR CONSIDERATION.
IDN, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. To express your interest in applying for this position, please provide the following information and attach a copy of your resume for consideration.