Ask the Experts | Ask the Electronic Access Ace


I have an existing EAC system in place and would like to wire it into my automatic door opener. I want to know how I should be converting from wet to dry power signal on an electric strike so I am able to wire it into my operator?



Converting the wet [power] signal into a dry signal requires a specific type of relay called a switching relay. There are several options such as the Camden CX-22 or the Alrontix RBSNTTL that will work in this application. Simply wiring this relay with the wet [power] signal into the inputs the relay will consume the power supplied by the EAC to power itself and send a dry signal to the output. This gives you the dry signal required to wire into your operator as an activation signal.

In addition to a broad offering of product and service solutions, IDN offers pre-sale and post-sale technical support. The benefit to you is that We Make Security Simple. Whether your task is related to high-security systems, electronic access control, door installation, or other, our experts are here to assist. Just let us know how we can help.

Do you have a question, or need a quote? Contact your local IDN Branch, or ask the Electronic Access Control Ace through our website.

© Copyright IDN, Inc.