Ask the Experts | Ask the Electronic Access Ace | Desk Barrel Key Question



My customer came in with a key for an old desk.  It is the type that looks like a skeleton key but with a hole drilled into the tip of the blank.  Any ideas what blank to use?



The type of key is called a barrel key.  You will find pictures and measurements of replacement blanks in the Ilco key blank catalog.  A key that I have found to work in 75% of the locks is the Compx National D8890 with no cutting required.


Do you have a question, or need a quote? Contact your local IDN Branch, or ask the Key Wizard through our website.

© Copyright IDN, Inc.