I need a door, and have no idea what kind I need. Is there any guidelines I can use to help process the order faster, and accurate?
Of course! There are a lot of questions we ask when purchasing a door, and it helps to get a more accurate quote. Here’s just a few:
- What is the size of the door (Width, Height, Thickness)?
- Is the door needing a fire rating?
- Is the door being installed on an existing frame, or a new frame?
- If the door is being installed on an existing frame, where are the hinge and strikes located on the door?
- What hardware prep is required (hinge type, hinge size, lock type, etc.)?
- If ordering a wood door, what type is needed (Birch, Oak, Cherry, etc.)?
- Where will the door be installed?
- How will the door be used (Light Use, Heavy Use, Water in the area, etc.)?
- If ordering a wood door, what type of construction is needed (Solid Core Flush, 6-Panel, etc.)?
- Will door lights or louvers be needed on the door?
- What is the door swing/handing?
- If a new frame is required, what is the partition or installation type (Masonry, Metal Stud, Wood Stud construction, etc.)?
- If a new frame is required, is there an existing partition or new construction?
Contact us to help you choose the right door, the right hardware, and the right handing to get the job done right and on time.
In addition to a broad offering of product and service solutions, IDN offers pre-sale and post-sale technical support. The benefit to you is that we make security simple. Whether your task is related to high security systems, electronic access control, door installation, or other, our experts are here to assist. Just let us know how we can help.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.