Double Door Latch with No Elbow Catch
CompX Timberline introduced a Double Door Latch which eliminates the need for an elbow catch or other devices, and allows hardware to be installed out of the way.
- No need to reach inside cabinet to release elbow catch
- Doors can be closed in any order
- Low profile Latch mechanism reduces product footprint inside cabinet
- Requires use of a single lock (sold separately)
- Allows two or three point locking for standard or wardrobe style double door cabinets when used with a lock
- Easy to use and install
- Exceeds pull force above 150lbs
- Available in black or white finish
How does it work?
Example: DL-200 with lock (sold separately) on right hand door
The lock is mounted on the right hand door. Inside the right hand door, install the activator; on the non-locking door, install the catch.
The latch should be installed inside top of cabinet. The activator pushes the bolt on the latch to the other side to engage the catch. The bolt on the catch side is spring-loaded, allowing the doors to be closed in any order.
Turn the key to lock the other door; both doors are now secure. The locking door must be opened first to disengage the bolt in the latch – the bolt will slide back, allowing the non-locking door (with the catch) to open.
Contact your local branch for details or to place an order.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kathleen Kempf is the Marketing Manager at IDN-H. Hoffman.