Exterior Door Question | Ask the Experts | Ask the Door Guys


I have an exterior door that I’m having to replace due to damage, wear and tear, etc. What type of hinges should I use to prevent someone from “popping” the pins on the hinges I currently have and breaking into the space?



On an exterior door you should use some type of NRP hinge. NRP stands for non-removable pin. These type of hinges have a set screw that prevents someone from removing or “popping” the pins, thus being able to remove the doors and enter the space. You can get NRP hinges in all types of metals and finishes, which we currently stock throughout the USA & Canada.


Do you have a question, or need a quote? Contact your local IDN Branch, or ask the Door Guy through our website.

© Copyright IDN, Inc.