The Falcon MA Series Grade 1 Mortise Lock is a ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 certified and UL 3-hour rated mortise locks designed for high performance, easy retrofitting and interchangeable core keying. Each MA Series Mortise Lock can be outfitted to electrified functions and is UL fire-rated and ANSI/BHMA A156.13 Grade 1 certified.
Applications for the Falcon MA Series Grade 1 Mortise Lock include Office, hospital, education, or other commercial projects
- Provide mortise locksets that comply with ANSI A156.13, Series 1000, Operational Grade 1 and Security Grade 1 with all standard trims and conventional mortise cylinders.
- Locksets comply with UL10B – neutral pressure and UL10C/UBC 7-2 –positive pressure testing requirements. All locks shall be UL listed for 3 hour fire door.
- Lock case shall be non-handed, reversible without opening the lock case, and shall be manufactured of zinc dichromate plated steel.
- Lock case shall be interchangeable for knob or lever applications without modifying the chassis, and shall be constructed with a screw configuration that limits access to operating parts.
- Latchbolt shall be 2-piece anti-friction type manufactured from stainless steel, with a standard 2-3⁄4” backset, a full 3⁄4” throw and be field reversible. Deadbolt shall have 1″ throw and shall be constructed of stainless steel, incorporating two 3⁄16” diameter security roller pins.
- All trim shall be cast, forged, or wrought and through bolted with thread patch coated screws.
- Lever trim to have individual heavy duty springs for lever return, and independent rotation in both directions. Return to door style levers meets the 1⁄2″ California State Fire Marshall requirement.
- Spindles to be independent, designed to ‘breakaway’ at a maximum of 480 in./lbs. to prevent damage to the lock chassis.
- Provide standard non-handed curved lip strikes.
- Cylinders to be secured by a dual retainer.
|Faceplates:||(armored front) 1-1⁄4” x 8″ brass or stainless steel adjustable for door bevel. Reinforced by heavy gauge steel with stabilizing ribs.|
|Strike:||Brass or stainless steel. Meets ANSI AII5.1 for frame preparation. Strike is non-handed.|
|Electrified functions:||Available in 12V or 24V DC.|
|Indicator options:||Occupied/Vacant or Locked/Unlocked.|
|Door thickness:||Standard offering only accepts door thicknesses of 1-3⁄4” – 1-7⁄8“. If door thickness is greater or less than above, but between 1-3⁄8” and 2-1⁄2” then customer must specify thickness.|
|Case:||Cold formed steel, zinc dichromate plated, .090” thick. Optional lead wrapping available.|
|Handing:||Right hand is standard; left hand optional. Reversible in the field.|
|Cylinders:||Solid brass cylinder and plug. 5, 6 or 7-pin are available on standard cylinders. 6 or 7-pin are available on interchangeable core cylinder. Furnished with two nickel silver keys standard.|
|Keyways:||Falcon “G” keyway standard on standard cylinder. “A” keyway standard on I/C cylinder. See price book for optional keyways|
|Bind resistant trim:||Heavy-duty through-bolted inserts clamp the trim on the door assuring proper alignment. Provided with 8-32 screws for strength and thread sealant to prevent loosening.|
|Latchbolt:||Two-piece stainless steel, mechanical anti-friction bolt. 3⁄4” projection.|
|Deadbolt:||1″ throw, stainless steel with two 13⁄16” diameter hardened steel, free-turning, saw-resistant roller.|
To place an order for the Falcon MA-Series Mortise Lock or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications and Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.