There are many electric strikes on the market today, and each have their own set of specifications and features that set themselves apart. Even when it comes to fire-rated strikes, there are more than one option available.
HES offers the 8500 series fire rated electric strike, a compact, high performance electric strike featuring a unique concealed design for use with mortise locksets without a deadbolt. Designed for fast, convenient installation, the 8500 installs with little or no modification to the frame. Simply remove the existing strike plate, remove the dust box and install. Its strength is derived from a unique keeper pin locking design, enabling the 8500 to exceed Grade-1 ratings. This unique electric strike complies with NFPA 80-07 guidelines for retrofit into fire-rated frames. The 8500 accommodates mortise latchbolts up to 3/4″ throw.
- UL 10C-fire-rated, 3 hour (fail secure)
- CAN4-S104(ULC-S104) fire door conformant
- NFPA 80-07 Compliant
- UL 1034 burglary-resistant listed and suitable for outdoor use
- ANSI/BHMA A156.31, Grade 1
- NFPA -252 fire door conformant
- ASTM-E152 fire door conformant
- Patents Pending
- .24 Amps @ 12VDC
- .12 Amps @ 24VDC
- DC continuous duty/AC intermittent
- No cutting of the face of the frame
- Stainless steel construction
- Tamper resistant
- Static strength 1,500 lbs
- Dynamic strength 70 ft-lbs
- Endurance 500,000 cycles
- Field selectable fail safe / fail secure
- Dual voltage 12 or 24 VDC/VAC
- Metal or Wood Frame
- Internally mounted solenoid
- Accommodates 3/4” mortise latchbolts
- Strike body depth 1-5/16”
- Plug-in connector
- Full pocket shims for horizontal adjustment
- Five year limited warranty
- 4 faceplate options
- Three deadlatch platforms to work with all major
- LBM – Latchbolt Monitor
- LBSM – Latchbolt Strike Monitor
Contact your local branch for details or to place an order.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kathleen Kempf is the Marketing Manager at IDN-H. Hoffman.