When you need a General Service Administration (GSA) approved high security lock, the Kaba Mas X-10™ High Security Lock meets federal specification FF-L-2740B— the US government’s highest security standard for container locks and doors. The Kaba Mas X-10 High Security Lock is approved by the GSA for use on approved Class 5 and Class 6 filing cabinets and Class 5 security vault doors.
Applications for the Kaba Mas X-10 High Security Lock include any security measure federal regulations may require a GSA-approved lock often the case in government facilities.
- The X-10 is self-powered using Kaba Mas’ exclusive “Green” Rotational electromagnetical PowerStar™ technology.
- Rotating the dial in either direction provides all the power necessary to enter the combination and review audit features.
- Combinations – Three Modes:
- Single: 1 million combinations
- Dual: 500 billion combinations
- Supervisor/Subordinate: 2 million combinations
- Direct Dial:
- No need to clear before entering combination.
- Once you stop turning the dial, the power will shut down after 40 seconds.
- Memory: Non-volatile
- LCD (Backlit): Limited View Backlit Liquid Crystal Display with visual controls makes dialing easy and exact.
- Combination Changes:
- LCD indicator in change key mode.
- Combination changed with correct combination or serial number.
- Random Number View: True Scramble
- Daylocking: No
- Back Dialing: No
- Lock Reset: Automatic when bolt is thrown or 40 seconds after turning has stopped.
- Manipulation: . Meets all requirements of FF-L 2740B. Resists opening through manipulation for 20 man-hours.
- Audit: The X-10 records all openings, and the record is non-resettable. The X-10 records unsuccessful attempts after 3 incorrect combination attempts and resets after a correct opening.
- Wrong Try Penalty: 10-14 errors results in a 3-minute timeout. 15 errors or greater results in a 4-minute timeout. Both error count and penalty time resets with valid combination.
- Temperature: Tested -10°F to 155°F Operational Range.
- Salt Spray: Operational after 72 hours of continuous exposure (per UL 768 Salt Spray Conversion Test).
- Cycle Test: Meets or exceeds FF-L-2740B specifications.
- Humidity: Operational after 10 days of 140°F @ 98% humidity (Operational after 10 days testing per MIL-STD-810E, Method 507.3, Procedure III, Temperature Cycling 86°F to 140°F @ 98% RH).
- Stress: Operational after 7 days in a stress chamber @ 194°F (per UL 768 Aging Stress Distortion Test).
- Vibration: MIL-STD-810
- Shock: MIL-STD-901
- Electrical Discharge: 250KV on Dial
- Electromagnetic Pulse: Meets FF-L-2740B specification for simulation of high altitude nuclear blast.
- Case & Bolt Strength: 600 lbs in two directions.
To place your order for Kaba Mas X-10 High Security Locks or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications & Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.