The Series LA318GJ Mortise Lock by Marks USA provides a visual indicator to the teacher or instructor that the door is lockdown in the event of an emergency situation. This lock is available for shipment now through any IDN Branch.
- Life Test: 1,500,000 cycles, minimum
- Strength Test: 530 inch lbs. torque on exterior lever. When applied, lockset remains locked. (Torque of over 550 inch lbs. will cause spindle failure. However, lockset remains locked once spindle is replaced, lockset is fully operational.)
- ANSI TEST: Certified to meet or exceed all operational and security tests of ANSI/BHMA A156.13-2012 for series 1000, Grade 1.
- FIRE TEST: UL listed, 3 hour fire rated.
- Meets ADA requirements.
- WARRANTY: Lifetime mechanical limited warranty
- Function Specification: Latch by lever either side except when outside lever is locked from inside or outside by key. When locked, exterior key will retract latchbolt. Outside key locks or unlocks exterior lever. Inside key is single acting in one direction and will lock exterior lever only; will not unlock exterior lever. Auxiliary latch deadlocks latch. Inside always free for egress. All other functions available with latch, deadlatch and deadbolt combinations.
- TRIM: Cast satin stainless steel escutcheon 8-1/2”x2-3/4”x7/16”. Recess in escutcheon to accept cylinder with rotating security cylinder ring. Cast screwless satin stainless steel lever handles to within 1/2” from face of door secured to escutcheon plate with hardened steel retainer ring. Lever handle, with spring-loaded torque sensitive 5/16” spindle. Integral torque override preventer recessed into escutcheon plate. Spindle will yield if excessive torque applied, preventing any damage to lock body.
- Exterior: Two ¼” diameter threaded thru posts. Two ¼” diameter center posts pass thru lock body, automatically aligning trim.
- Interior: Two #10-32 phillips head stainless steel mounting thru bolts. Escutcheon with “LOCK” and directional arrow engraved and black filled near cylinder location. Occupancy indicator recessed into escutcheon plate. Indicator window to display unlocked (green day-glo) and LocDown™ (red day-glo) positions.
- Cylinders: Two 1-1/8”, 6-pin solid brass with “J” cams #2105, with two keys. Outside cylinder rotates in both directions. Inside cylinder rotates in one direction only. Cams supplied to accommodate Corbin™, Sargent™ and Schlage™ cylinders.
- Strike: 4-7/8” X 1-1/4” X 3/32” thick, 5/8” curved lip. Conforms to ANSI spec. 115.1.
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4”
To place an order for a Marks USA LocDown Mortise Lock or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kathleen Kempf is the Marketing Manager at IDN-H. Hoffman.