The Norton 5600 Series Low Energy Power Operator is an affordable electromechanical door closer that provides a straightforward way to convert interior, non-fire rated doors for ADA compliance. The Norton 5600 Series Operators can be operated manually by actuator, or by wall switch.
Applications for the 5600 Series Low Energy Power Operator include ADA compliant Hospitals, Schools and Universities and any other touch-free applications like public restrooms, clean rooms, labs and examination rooms.
- Push or pull side mounting
- Quiet operation
- Electrically controlled backcheck, sweep and latch
- Activation options: wall switches, radio frequency devices
- Ease of installation and set-up
- On/Off Switch
- Hold open options: 0-30 seconds (5 seconds minimum required for ADA and ANSI/BHMA A156.19)
- Onboard 24 VDC (1.1A) power supply for accessories
- Door closer mode for manual usage
- Electronic motor dampening – provides feel of high performance, manual door closer
- Electric hardware and access control interface
- ANSI / BHMA A156.19 certified
- ETL certified; conforms to ANSI/UL standard 325 for automatic closing doors
- Comply with requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- This product is manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility
|Push & Go:||As the door is manually opened, the operator “senses” movement and opens door to the full-open position|
|Obstruction Detection:||Motor stops if door is obstructed during opening|
|Motor Start Delay:||0-5 second delay to allowing locking hardware to release first|
|Overload Safety Shut-Off:||After two minutes of receiving a door activation signal, the unit will time out – Prevents motor/inverter damage|
|Executive™ Kit:||Operator is shipped with a transmitter and RF receiver – Press the transmitter once and the door opens; press the transmitter a second time and the door closes|
|‘Hands-Free’ Kits:||Operator shipped with wave-to-open wall switch – Option of electric strike for mortise or cylindrical lock|
To place your order for a Norton 5600 Series Low Energy Power Operator or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications & Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.