The Norton 8000 Series Door Closers are a durable and dependable medium-duty closer able to meet the many configurations that occur in outfitting a door closer. Whether it’s used for an interior or exterior, the 8000 Series can be modified for a complete range of arm and cover options.
Applications for the Norton Door Controls 8000 Series Door Closers include office and commercial interior and exteriors.
- Exceeds 15 million cycles
- Adjustable spring sizes 1 through 6
- Tri-Style® packaging standard (regular arm, top jamb and parallel arm mounting)
- Staked valves
- Cast aluminum body
- Rack and pinion design
- All standard arm applications (with slim, full or metal covers) allow doors to swing 180 degrees, conditions permitting
- Full size template
- Metal, architectural plastic or architectural metal covers (8501 only)
- Lead lined metal cover – suffix MLL
- Application specific arms: Regular (S), Top Jamb (JS) and Parallel (P)
- Heavy-duty arms; Regular Rigid, Parallel Rigid, CloserPlus®, CloserPlus Spring™, Unitrol®
- Slide Tracks: push or pull side mounting
- 8301: Shipped with slim line plastic cover
- 8501: Shipped with full plastic cover
- ANSI/BHMA A156.4, Grade 1 certified
- UL / cUL listed for use on fire rated doors
- UL10C compliant for positive pressure
- 8301 and 8501 door closers are designed to comply with requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ANSI standard A117.1
- This product is manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility
- 1-1/4″ (32mm) diameter piston
- 5/8″ (16mm) diameter pinion journals
- 2-1/8″ (54mm) projection (standard covers)
To place your order for a Norton Door Controls 8000 Series Door Closer or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications & Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.