IDN, Inc. offers the complete door package: doors, frames, thresholds, weatherstripping, door hardware, electronic access control, and everything in between. When preparing a door opening space, beside security and properly measuring the door, there are other factors to consider including Hurricane Standards and Codes if in Florida, and Fire Rating, but also aesthetics.
PEMKO released a new threshold for helping to muffle the sounds that travel through a closed door. The PEMKO Acoustic Thresholds assist with sound attenuation and are especially useful in areas where noise levels are different, such as a door from a factory to a conference room or from a music classroom/theater to a hallway.
PEMKO Acoustic Thresholds can help door assemblies meet ANSI Standard S12.60-2002, Acoustical Performance Criteria, Design Requirements and Guidelines for Schools. This can help school projects earn LEED IEQ School Specific Credits for Enhanced Acoustical Performance.
- Threshold Material: 6063-T6 Aircraft Aluminum
- Finishes: Mill Finish Aluminum (A), Dark Bronze Anodized (D)
- Gasket Material: Polyurethane coated acoustic foam (Q380)
- Fasteners: #10 x 1″ sheet metal screws included
- Sound Rated: Tested in accordance with ASTM E 90-2009
- Fire Rated: Meets the requirements for ANSI/BHMA A156.21-2006 Category J for Thresholds for use with labeled not listed steel frames. Meets the UL10C fire rating.
- Air Infiltration: Tested in accordance with ASTM E283.
- ADA Compliance: 2008STCxQ380 meets the barrier free requirements of ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009. 2006STCxQ380 and 2007STCxQ380 are only ADA compliant when installed butted to other flooring materials in accordance with ADA guidelines.
To place an order or request a quote, contact your local IDN, Inc. branch
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kathleen Kempf is the Marketing Manager at IDN-H. Hoffman.