The PHI Apex 2000 Series Exit Devices are made with Precision Hardware’s heavy-duty design for durability and daily performance on heavily used access doors and reliability during egress for emergency exits. The Apex 2000 Series is UL listed for panic-rated hardware and/or fire-rated hardware, are certified ANSI/BHMA Grade 1, and are available in hurricane-resistant models.
Ideal applications for the PHI Apex 2000 Series include usage in high-traffic/high-abuse areas of schools and hospitals, but it can be depended on for use on any emergency exit.
- Doors – For all types of single and double door applications. Available for 1-3/4″ to 2-1/4″ thick, up to 4′-0″ wide by 10′-0″ high openings. For thicker doors, consult the factory. Furnished standard for 1-3/4″ thick, 3′-0″ wide by 7′-0″ high openings.
- Device – Covers ANSI A115.2 (Type 161), A115.18 cylinder lock and A115.1 (Type 86) Mortise Lock preparation.
- Functions – Functions are field selectable except for the Double Cylinder option. The device is furnished for a desired function if specified. If not specified the “03” function is furnished standard.
- Double Cylinder – Handed, “10” Function available. Requires one rim type cylinder and one 1-1/4″ long mortise type cylinder, not furnished standard.
- Cylinders – Rim type, not furnished standard. Specify when required.
- Retrofit Applications – The 2100 and FL2100 Series Devices are designed to retrofit into other manufacturers’ mounting hole locations.
- Materials: The Cover, Touchbar, Device Channel, Lock/Hinge Side Filler and End Cap are furnished of heavy wrought Brass, Bronze or Stainless Steel. 628 Devices are furnished with Aluminum, Brass, Bronze and Stainless Steel components.
- Chassis: Investment Cast Steel, Zinc Dichromated.
- Latchbolt: Stainless Steel, Deadlocking 3/4″ throw.
- Bottom Bolt (Vertical Rod): Steel plated, independent action 5/8″ throw, with adjustment range to suit 3/4″ action undercut.
- Strikes: Rim: No. S300, Investment Cast Stainless Steel, Black Powder Coated furnished standard. No. S988, optional strike for use on Aluminum Door applications, please specify when ordering. No. S458, optional strike for use on Mullion applications, please specify when ordering.
- Dogging: 1/4″ turn hex key dogging standard.
- Touchbar Height: 39-15/16″ from floor standard may be varied as situation dictates.
- Reversible: Reversible for all functions and Trims. Standard packaging RHRB.
- UL Listed: Panic and Fire Exit Hardware. Conforms to UL10C and UBC 7-2.
- ANSI/BHMA: Devices are BHMA certified for ANSI 156.3, Grade 1.
PHI Apex 2000 Series Exit Device Installation
To place your order for a PHI Apex 2000 Series Exit Device, or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications & Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.