The Rutherford Controls, Inc. (RCI) 8380 GateMag™ Electromagnetic Lock works as a weather-resistant, access control solution for perimeter security solutions. The 8380 GateMag™ is sturdily built for rugged outdoor use and comes with a Remote Lock Status (RLS) allowing the magnet’s security state to be monitored from a remote location.
- Stainless steel housing
- Low energy consumption
- Field selectable voltage – 12/24V DC
- MOV surge protection
- 6-1/2’ (1.9 meters) wire cable
- Conduit fitting inside diameter 1/2”
- Conduit fitting outside diameter 3/4”
- No residual magnetism
- Built-in Remote Lock Status (RLS)
- Versatile face or bottom mounting
- Throughbolt mounting
- Up to 1500lbf (680kgf) holding force
- UL Listed Auxilliary Lock for use on fire doors rated up to 1.5
|Housing Dimensions||1-3/4” D x 2-1/2” W x 8-7/8” L (45mm x 63mm x 225mm)|
|Armature Plate Dimensions||5/8” D x 2-3/8” W x 7-7/16” L (16mm x 61mm x 190mm)|
|Voltage||Field selectable 12/24V DC; Tolerance ±10%|
|Power/Current Requirements||Max 0.48A at 12V DC; Max 0.24A at 24V DC|
|Holding Force||Up to 1,500 lbs.|
|Output Contacts||Remote Lock Status (RLS) reed contacts are rated at Max 0.20A @ 12V DC 0.12A @ 24V DC|
|Wiring Requirements||2 wires – power input; 2 wires – contact output|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 60° C; 14 to 140° F|
|Certification||UL Listed (Canada & US), CSFM|
To place an order for a RCI 8380 GateMag™ Electromagnetic Lock, or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications & Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.