Locksmiths, whether you are a mobile shop or a brick-and-mortar shop, you have a customers. Retaining these customers for repeat business is critical to increasing your customer base. A happy customer shares and recommends your company to others. How do you retain these great customers? Few tips below:
- Great Rapport: Think about it, if you have great rapport with a customer, then you have a higher chance this customer sharing the great service. Building a great report means asking for feedback, and actually listen to what they are stating.
- Reach Out: Communicate with your customers and understand their preferences. Communicate through email, phone, direct mail, or even face-to-face.
- Be Personal: Retaining your customers is critical, as you know. It’s also cheaper to market to them than a potential customer. Build a personal connection with your customers. A personal message after a job is complete can go a long way.
- Customer Events, Special: Hosting invitation only events are good ways to retain the customers who mean the most to you. It’s not necessarily stating your other customers aren’t important, it just means your invitation only customers are your Gold Star customers. Don’t make it a selling event though.
- Good Customer Service: A customer will choose to buy from you vs. a competitor if you go above and beyond in customer service support. Word of mouth can make or break your business, especially through social media. Quality customer service and trust will play a vital role in building your brand and attracting new customers.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kathleen Kempf is the Marketing Manager at IDN-H. Hoffman.