The Sargent 281 Series Powerglide® Iron Cast Door Closers are made for closing interior and exterior doors with a versatility to meet nearly any application’s requirements.
Applications for the Sargent 281 Series Powerglide® Iron Cast Door Closer include commercial and residential Property Management and Multi-Family Housing.
- Exceeds 25 million cycles
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1
- UL10C listed for positive pressure fire test
- UL / cUL Listed for use on fire rated doors
- 25 year limited warranty
- User friendly versatile mounting applications permit standard, top jamb, parallel and track installations
- Self sticking templates supplied for most applications
- Adjustable spring power allows 281 closers a size range of 1 through 6. They are adjusted to size 3 before leaving the factory
- One door closer body for all applications
- 281 are non-handed
- Meets ADA requirements in all applications, except Push Side Track application (except track)
- High impact non-corrosive plastic covers with two machine screws standard, ABS covers, metal covers and lead lined are optional
- All weather fluid allows closer to operate effectively in extreme temperatures without readjustment
- 1-1/2″ diameter piston for superior door control
- Standard pressure relief valves for both opening and closing cycles protect the door & frame from damage caused by abuse
- Heavy duty mounting bracket for easy installation of full size iron closer
- Retrofits existing SARGENT 250 and 1250 Series Closer installations
- The Advanced Backcheck (ABC) option begins to slow the door down at approximately 15° sooner than standard backcheck in the open cycle. The (ABC) option is used when the door needs to slow down earlier than the standard back check of 70°
Heavy Duty Construction
- Heat treated full rack and pinion for high strength & wear resistance
- Heavy duty one piece cast iron body provides superior strength and wear resistance
- 1/2″ arm engagement over a 7/16″ square spindle ensures a wear-resistant tight joint
- Machine screws and self tapping screws provided for closer and arm
- In addition, wood screws supplied when installed on wood doors without through bolts
Full Complement of Arm Types
- Standard and parallel arms
- Push and pull track arms
- Security track
- Security parallel arm
- Heavy duty forged steel arms are finely finished and interchangeable between SARGENT 281 and 1431, 250, 1250, and 351 series
- Separate brass low sensitivity control valves offer ability to separately regulate door speed, latching, backcheck and optional delayed action
- All valves are captured to prevent accidental removal, adjustable with an 1/8″ allen wrench
- Adjustable backcheck protects the door and hardware from damage during the opening cycle. Not to be used in lieu of a door stop.
- Adjustable delayed action (optional) permits easy access for physically impaired individuals
Sargent Cast Iron Door Closers
To place an order for Sargent 281 Series Powerglide® Iron Cast Door Closer or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications and Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.