The Sargent 8200 Series Mortise Lock does door hardware like no other. Meeting 14 times the ANSI/BHMA A156.13 standard for Grade 1 in cycle testing and passing the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) for impact resistance, the Sargent 8200 Series is a high-standard door lock with a focus on durability and security. Also, the 8200 Series Mortise is UL listed to US and Canada standards making it meet or exceed a majority of building codes in North America.
The 8200 Series Mortise Lock can be outfitted with escutcheon, lever or push/pull trims, multiple function types, and with, without or deadbolt only options. The variety of trims and functions makes the 8200 Series adaptable to fit requirements for a variety of building types including Hospitals, Commercial Offices or School/University Facilities.
- Far Exceeds ANSI/BHMA A156.13 Series 1000 Grade 1 and Security Grade 1. Meets various higher security detention standards such as ASTM impact for deadbolt x latchbolt (Level 1) and latchbolt (Level 3) components
- Exceeds cycle testing requirements by 14 times the ANSI/BHMA A156.13 Grade 1 Standard
- Heavy duty wrought steel hubs and high carbon steel spring cartridge provide superior strength and cycle life
- For Doors: 1-3/4″ thick
- Backset: 2-3/4″
- Handing: Handed, field reversible
- Cylinder: Brass, 1-1/8″ standard
- UL/cUL Listed for use on fire doors
- ANSI/BHMA certified
- Strike: Brass, bronze, or stainless steel; ANSI standard
- Can be masterkeyed or grand masterkeyed
- Keyway: LA standard keyway
- Stile: 4-1/2″ minimum stile for 8200, and 4-3/4″ minimum stile for electrical function locks
- Door Prep: ANSI/BHMA 156.115 or 156.115W modified per template
- Meets A117.1 Accessibility Code
- Meets positive pressure requirements UL 10C and UBC 7-2 (1997)
To place your order for a Sargent® 8200 Series Mortise Lock or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kwame Shorter is the Digital Communications & Website Specialist at IDN, Inc.