Ask the Experts | Ask the Key Wizard

I have a Steelcase file cabinet, the code number is FR189E. My code program does not show anything for that number. Where can I find the cuts for a code key?

Steelcase used to use Yale cabinet locks before Yale discontinued their manufacturing of furniture locks. Chicago Lock (now CompX Chicago) then took up the manufacturing of the locks. Now Steelcase has contracted with Hudson/ESP to manufacturer their locks. In this case you should drop the “FR” from the code number and use just the 189E. Choose the code series that says ESP or Hon and cut your key.

Do you have a question, or need a quote? Contact your local IDN Branch.

© Copyright IDN, Inc.