When it comes to securing a school, there are many options and products available. When it comes to securing a classroom, there are various unique products out on the market now, many which are available through your local IDN Branch. For a classroom, securing a door from within the classroom is critical during any lockdown situation regardless if it is a network based product installed or a mechanical solution.
Knowing when the door is actually locked is also a key feature that is necessary. Some products on the market offer a light indicator, as is the case with the PDQ 135 LED Classroom Intruder Cylindrical Lock.
The ANSI F110 function means the outside lever is locked by a key from either side of the door, and the inside lever remains free for immediate exit, a common function in classroom security. Sounds like a perfect solution except a 360-degree key rotation required to lock the exterior lever can create uncertainty when the door is needing to be locked during a panic or intense moment. The individual who locked the door may not know if the outside lever is actually locked.
The PDQ’s Classroom Design allows a person on the interior of the room to know with confidence if the outside lever is locked and the door is secure. By pressing the indicator button, it will illuminate the red LED which indicates the outside lever is actually locked. The LED will not illuminate if the outside lever is not locked.
To prevent tampering, access is limited to those who remove the interior trim. This was designed to consume no current unless the LED is illuminated. PDQ claims the battery life is equivalent to the battery’s shelf life, depending on the number of LED illuminations.
- Red LED (Light Emitting Diode) outside lever status indicator.
- Pushing the button located on the rose of the inside lock, Red LED illuminates indicating the outside lever is locked.
- Available as an option with the XGT and GT Cylindrical Lock platforms.
- Offered with cylinder housings compatible with Best® Small Format Interchangeable cores, Schlage® Large Format Interchangeable cores and most others.
- Large Format Inter-changeable cores only available with PHL lever.
- Keying options available, compatible with most key systems.
- Battery life rating: 10 years*
- Battery type: CR1220
- Patent Pending
Listings and Compliances
- Tested and certified to ANSI/BHMA A156.2-2011 Grade 1 for Bored Locks and Latches
- UL 10C Listed for 3 hrs
- Under U. S law, qualifies for Made in U.S.A of U.S and imported parts.
- Meets requirements of the Buy American Act
- Complies with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and ICC/ANSI 117.1 for Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities.
- Contributes to U.S Green Building Council, LEED MR Credits 2.1, 4.1, 4.2 and 5.1
- Windstorm Rated
- Florida Building Code FL3262
- ANSI A250.13
- ASTM E1886
- ASTM E330
- Outswing: 350 ft-lbs
- Inswing: NR
- Design Load Rating: 1485 lbf
© Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kathleen Kempf is the Marketing Manager at IDN-H. Hoffman.