Von Duprin Security Indicators offer school and university facilities that require plans for lockdown situations, a quick visual option to confirm the rim exit device is locked. They have another time saving benefit as well, an at-a-glance visual verification to reduce the time it takes to tour the facility and ensure each door is secure. The visual indicators signal the state of the lock without having to manually check each device, thus saving time in lockdown efforts.
Von Duprin Security Indicators come in two varieties and can be implemented either by being ordered as a new product or as a retrofit conversion kit.
- The -2SI Security Indicator provides a visual verification of the LOCKED/UNLOCKED status of the door from inside the room. This option can be ordered as a new product or as a retrofit conversion kit to an existing 98/99 rim exit device.
- The CDSI/HDSI Dogging Indicator provides an at-a-glance verification of the status of the door from inside the room. Visible “LOCKED” and “UNLOCKED” indicators show whether the device is undogged or dogged. This feature can be used with a Hex Key (HDSI) or Cylinder Dogging (CDSI) options on various device types.
- Lockdown solution that meets fire and life safety codes for free egress
- Modular conversion kits allow you to quickly and easily upgrade your existing devices
-2SI Security Indicator
- Thumbturn or key cylinder with LOCK/UNLOCK labels provide a clear direction of rotation to secure opening
- Available for 98/99 Series rim devices only, available in LHR or RHR for both new devices and conversion kits
- Classroom Security Double Cylinder with Security Indicator new devices are available with the following trim functions:
- Lever-06 Standard
- Rim cylinder sold separately (Rim cylinder with T-Turn available from Schlage)
CDSI/HDSI Dogging Indicator
- Cylinder Dogging Security Indicator and Hex Dogging Security Indicator, for new devices, are available for 98/99 and 33A/35A Series
- The CDSI and HDSI can not be used with a fire-rated device.
- Recommended for use in combination with the following trim functions:
- Knob Dummy
- Exit Only
- Night Latch-Key Retracts
- Knob Night Latch
- Lever-Night Latch
- Night Latch, Option Pull
- CDSI and HDSI conversion kits are available for the 98/99 and 33A/35A series in either 3′ or 4′
- Indicator in “UNLOCKED” state presents a 1/2″ x 1/2″ metal flag (unlock icon, laser cut into flag) at the top of the device head. Indicator in “LOCKED” state has no flag present.
To place an order for a Von Duprin Security Indicator Exit Device or a Conversion Kit, or for a quote, contact your local IDN Branch.
2015 © Copyright IDN, Inc.
Kathleen Kempf is the Marketing Manager at IDN, Inc.