Ask the Experts | Ask the Electronic Access Ace


We have a wire fenced tool crib with a sliding gate. The access control is no problem with a mag, but I need a REX not attached to the gate as they can reach through. What can we do?


We’ve supplied hardwired REX (Request To Exit) buttons that were installed on a wall/post within a room, but not close to the gate. Another solution is the Linear DX701 that we generally use for remote access with a strike, which I see no reason why it wouldn’t work with a mag. Using the Linear product would allow the wireless remote to be anywhere within 50′ of the receiver. Contact us to help you find the right mag for the slider and a shock absorbing electric strike.


Do you have a question, or need a quote? Send in a question to our Ask the Expert panel.

© Copyright IDN, Inc.