IDN Company: IDN-Hardware Sales
Title/Position: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Livonia, MI
Leading distributor of door hardware, doors & frames, locksmithing tools, access control systems, video surveillance equipment, and related security products is seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk.
Based in Livonia, MI, this position will work in a fast-paced (but steady) position. The Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk ensures the accuracy of assigned accounts receivable and allocation of payments on those accounts. In addition, the AR Clerk accurately posts payments and other AR transactions, and assists with the reconciliations of bank deposits and cash forecasts.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Support the collection efforts and review outstanding balances.
- Reconcile accounts through analysis, investigation and assertive follow-up to ensure resolution of any discrepancies in outstanding balances.
- Collect unpaid balances from customers by daily calls or email with diligent follow up and documenting clear, concise collection notes on the status of the account.
- Participate in daily cash posting and allocation of payments.
- Collaborate with other departments in resolving outstanding accounts.
- General account administration.
- Enhance accounting efficiency and overall effectiveness.
- Establish and monitor approved payment plans.
- Analyze customer remittances and accurately record payments and deductions.
- Maintain electronic files of remittances.
- Process internal write-offs and offsets.
- Investigate and resolve misapplied payments and postings.
- Analyze off invoice deductions.
- Assist in analyzing the monthly cash forecast variance to actual.
Key Working Relationships:
The successful candidate will report to the Accounts Receivable Manager at IDN-Hardware Sales.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- A Bachelors’ degree is preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable, preferably in cash applications
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
IDN, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. To express your interest in applying for this position, please provide the following information and attach a copy of your resume for consideration.