IDN Company: IDN-Armstrong’s
Title/Position: Outside Sales
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Chamblee, GA
IDN is a leading distributor of security hardware, access control systems, video surveillance equipment, doors & frames, locksmithing tools, and related security products.
Based in Atlanta, GA, the individual in this position is directly responsible for the development and performance of all outside sales activities pertaining to locksmith/dealer and commercial accounts in Atlanta Market. The individual is responsible for maintaining existing accounts and acquiring new business in the Atlanta market. The individual is responsible for achieving maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. This includes establishing plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the designated geographic area.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Assisting customers by phone and in person (for walk-in traffic/counter sales)
• Using the computer system to provide information on price and availability
• Order processing and related customer assistance. In addition to handling stock orders, this includes processing special orders, presenting promotions, resolving pricing situations, handling customer returns and credit situations, and related tasks
• Manufacturer/vendor contact for factory orders
• Outbound customer calls to assist in growing the local business
This individual should excel in a team-oriented work environment – working with the branch staff and outside sales representative to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded and providing contributions that support customer retention goals and company/branch growth objectives.
Key Working Relationships
The successful candidate will report to the President at IDN-Atlanta. The individual will work closely with other staff members and with the local Outside Sales representative.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. 5-7 years sales experience in a distribution environment
• Strong product knowledge in the areas of mechanical door hardware, electronic access control systems, and/or doors and frames.
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
• Goal-oriented and self-motivated
• Willingness to travel and work throughout Atlanta Market
• Strong computer skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
• Cross-functional team player
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds
IDN Global, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. To express your interest in applying for this position, please provide the following information and attach a copy of your resume for consideration.