IDN Company: IDN-Armstrong’s
Title/Position: Outside Sales Manager
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Atlanta, GA
IDN Global is seeking a Full Time Outside Sales Manager for the Atlanta, Georgia territory. IDN is a leading distributor of security hardware, access control systems, video surveillance equipment, doors & frames, locksmithing tools, and related security products.
The Outside Sales Manager is responsible for the overall sales performance in the assigned region. He/she will help develop and implement a sales strategy to achieve growth targets in the assigned region in accordance with the company operating plan. The Sales Manager will manage a team of individuals with different areas of focus and expertise in the sales and security field. The Sales Manager will also spend time with End Users, Architects, and Distributors to build positive relationships. The key elements of this role are to provide sales leadership in the assigned region, consistently drive sales growth, and be experienced at developing a sales staff who is trained and coached to be a top performing and cohesive sales team.
This position reports directly to the Division President. This position will work closely with Locksmiths, End Users, Distributors, Operations, Customer Service, Marketing and Division President to develop additional sales opportunities. Reporting to this position are the outside sales and inside sales personnel within the assigned region.
• Develop business strategies and implement plans to grow overall sales revenue and market share within the region
• Drive sales performance of direct reports to ensure development of territory and ultimately an increase in market share. Day to day management and direction of direct report sales staff.
• Work closely with sales staff by attending customer meetings with them on site and via phone. This provides an opportunity to build a stronger relationship with the customer and also to evaluate and coach the sales person on their techniques and recommend areas for improvement.
• Influence the change in perception of IDN to that of a complete security solutions company who can provide a total security solution/package. Do this through direct communication with customers and by training the sales team to do the same.
• Work closely with sales force to ensure strong and cooperative working relationships with Distributors, End Users, Architects and Locksmiths.
• Recruit, hire, train and develop sales personnel in assigned region.
• Performance management, to include annual performance reviews), performance improvement plans, formal and informal coaching and counseling, etc.
• Ensure that teamwork and collaboration is happening amongst team members.
• Conduct regular sales meetings and inform the sales team of new developments in product and policies and any special one-off promotions or programs
• Maintain current technical product-related knowledge and stay abreast of industry/territory knowledge and trends. Adapt to change in the marketplace.
• Full utilization of IDNCRM as outlined by SVP Business Development as a means of tracking and measuring individual and team sales activities and progress.
• Establish periodic goals and objectives, understand how they will be measured, receive feedback from their manager and work towards achieving these agreed upon results within the stated time period.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the objectives of sales leadership.
• Grow and develop LSDA product line profitably.
• Demonstrates aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Ability to manage and motivate sales personnel at all career levels
• Expert in all DHW/EAD product lines required.
• Experienced in leading a managing a direct staff
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated initiative
• Flexible style
• Proven sales record
• Ability to negotiate within standard guidelines
• Skilled in teaching, training, and mentoring new or less experienced sales managers.
• Skills or experience with personal computers, including electronic E-mail, personal scheduling, word processing and electronic spreadsheet skills
• Travel up to 35%+
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Sales and Marketing preferred
• 8-10 years sales experience
5+ years experience in sales management
• Building Customer Loyalty
• Sales Ability/Persuasiveness
• Meeting Leadership
• Customer Focus
• Continuous Improvement
• Follow-up: Communication
• Must be able to make sales calls to and at customer sites.
• Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard
• Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Must have ability to discern color, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception, with or without correction.
• Must be able to use public transportation for business travel.
All qualified applicants that apply for IDN, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
IDN, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. To express your interest in applying for this position, please provide the following information and attach a copy of your resume for consideration.