IDN Company: IDN-Canada
Title/Position: Project Manager
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Halifax, NS
IDN is a leading distributor of security hardware, access control systems, video surveillance equipment, doors & frames, locksmithing tools, and related security products.
Based in Halifax, NS the individual in this position will provide estimates for doors, frames, and architectural hardware. Identify opportunities and create initiatives to maintain and grow sales volumes in the territory through strong customer and vendor relationships. The successful applicant should be able to coordinate & execute sales strategies with persistence and determination while demonstrating leadership skills, multi-tasking abilities and a desire to exceed customer & company expectations
Responsibilities include the following:
- Execute daily branch functions for sales, admin, and operations.
- Uphold company initiatives & policies internally.
- Support all branch personnel.
- Strive for the highest level of customer service within the branch.
- Interpret detailed architectural drawings and specifications.
- Prepare detailed drawings for customer approval and project use.
- Manage, detail, and order materials for various projects ensuring products are delivered correct, on time, and on budget.
- Provide estimates for doors, frames and architectural hardware when required.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Continuous pursuit of efficiencies to job duties and workflow.
- Identify opportunities, create initiatives within the territory.
- Maintain and grow current customer base and sales volumes.
Key Working Relationships:
The successful candidate will report to the Branch Manager at the IDN-Door Division (Halifax, NS). The individual will work with branch personnel, customers, architects, and vendors.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to use judgement to identify and correct errors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to accurately use tools of the trade.
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to manage time appropriately.
- Able to be punctual and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable automobile.
- Bondable with no criminal record.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the door, frame, and architectural hardware industry.
- Minimum 5 years sales and project management experience.
- AHC or equivalent designation would be an asset.
IDN, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. To express your interest in applying for this position, please provide the following information and attach a copy of your resume for consideration.