Main Entrance: (Click for Solutions)
- Do your doors automatically open for easy accessibility?
- Are entrance doors equipped with ADA push button equipment of automatically open doors for those who need assistance?
- Are your tenants equipped with keyless options for easy accessibility to the building?
- How does a guest/visitor communicate with the main office or tenant?
- Are your front doors functioning properly and securing at all times?
Apartment/Unit Security: (Click for Solutions)
Hallways & Bathrooms: (Click for Solutions)
- Do the hallways have a protective and rugged coverings to prevent damage from wheelchairs and other moving objects?
- Do the hallways have protective and supportive items to help tenants with support?
- Do private living quarters and community bathrooms offer easy access to personal items, such as toilet paper, while maintaining a GREEN Solution?
Personal Emergency Reporting System (PERS): (Click for Solutions)
Elopement: (Click for Solutions)
Medication Security: (Click for Solutions)
Personal Records/HIPAA: (Click for Solutions)
Fire & Life Safety: (Click for Solutions)
ADA Compliance: (Click for Solutions)
Key Control: (Click for Solutions)
- Does management know who has the key to every private living quarter?
- How does management keep track of all keys?
- Are spare keys stored in a locked cabinet with record and receipt of issued keys?
- What steps are taken if someone loses a key?
- Can keys be duplicated?
- How hard or long does it take to rekey a lock?
- Is management faced with a cumbersome task of physically changing locks or keeping track of which tenants have returned their key?
Doors & Door Hardware: (Click for Solutions)
- Does your facility have a preventative maintenance program to assure all locks are operating and securing doors properly?
- Do the automatic doors that are accessed by disabled and elderly detect their presence in the opening and delay closing until clear?
- Have the manual closing doors with hydraulic door closers been tested to assure they meet ADA low resistance opening effort standards?
- Are walls and doors protected from damage and scarring from moving objects such as wheelchairs?
- Is hardware treated with an anti-microbial finish to fight infectious disease?
Surveillance: (Click for Solutions)
Electronic Access Control: (Click for Solutions)
- Is staff alerted by unauthorized ingress or egress to restricted areas or private living quarters?
- Has biometric (finger print or facial recognition) been considered to avoid unauthorized loaning of access cards or keys?
- Does staff carry ID Badges/Access Control Credentials capable of producing an audit trail?
- Are other entrances equipped with access control products where key cards or other similar items are used to access the building?
- Has a video surveillance system audit been done in the past year?
- If video surveillance is in place, is it being monitored throughout the day?
Complementary Items: (Click for Solutions)
- Are doors equipped with proper hinges that reduce maintenance costs due to their longevity?
- Are door openings equipped with low rise thresholds to accommodate walkers or wheelchairs?
- Do doors provide power door operators (actuators) to push for door operation, or wave for door operation?
- Are doors equipped with electronic access control items such as electric strikes, magnetic locks, and necessary equipment to power such items?